Home / Security / Confusion over status of 42 Kagara kidnapped Secondary School students, teachers

Confusion over status of 42 Kagara kidnapped Secondary School students, teachers

There seem to be confusion over the status of the 42 Secondary school students and their teachers abducted in Kagara Niger State by bandits.

Multiple sources had indicated that they were released late yesterday evening and were on their way to Niger State government house, however, Governor of the State, Abubakar Sani Bello has disclosed that the abducted students and staff of Government Science Collage Kagara are still being held captive in the bush.

It was learnt that Sani Bello made the disclosure on Sunday, when he received about 53 persons abducted by bandits sometime last week.

The persons included some underaged children, young boys, women and few old men.

They were received at the main hall of the Government House, Minna where the Governor’s cabinet members and Journalists were also awaiting them.

Receiving the victims, Governor Abubakar Sani Bello said, “Thank God we have in our midst some 53 abductees of the NSTA bus who have been in the captives of a tremendous trauma as you can see that they are all seated here inside the hall about 53 people in number.”

He said that the victims when they were released were looking exhausted, dirty and malnourished, and that some even were struggling to walk.

“But at the end of the day we are grateful to God Almighty for guiding us, for protecting them and for showing us the grace to secure their release, ” he added.

Meanwhile, to secure the release of the 53 passengers the Governor said, “the state government went through one week of dialogue, consultation, hard work and sleepless nights in order to secure their release.”

He further said, “we still have the Students of Science Secondary School, Kagara in the hands of the captives, we are doing everything possible to make sure that they are released in the shortest possible time.”

He expressed his gratitude to everyone who in one or the other played a vital role in the release of the 53 persons whose release were secured on Sunday. He also thanked the families of the victims for the patience and understanding they showed.

“We have made all necessary arrangements to ensure that they go through a very thorough medical therapy and evaluation. When that is done, we will hand the safely to their loved ones “the Governor said.

About crimechadmin

Check Also

Governor approves procurement of Patrol vehicles for Security Agencies to tackle crime

The Government of Oyo State has approved the procurement of 20 units of JAC FRISON …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *