Metro

Five-month-old Baby, Mother found dead inside apartment, Husband hospitalised

Five-month-old Baby, Mother found dead inside apartment, Husband hospitalised

A five-month-old Baby and Mother were reportedly killed by generator smokes they inhaled over the weekend in Owo, Ondo State.

According to reports, the family purchased the generator on Monday and it caused their death on Friday night.

The deceased, identified as Tawa, and her husband were staffers of the Federal Medical Centre, FMC, Owo.

The Vanguard reported that doctors at the hospital are battling to save the life of the husband currently in the hospital’s Intensive Care Unit, ICU.


A reliable source told newsmen that the generator was purchased by the family on Monday and the unfortunate happened on weekend, when they put it on overnight.

The deceased was said to have called her elder sister on Thursday evening, saying that her baby was sick and that she would be bringing the baby to her.

It was reliably gathered that when the deceased’s sister got to her sister’s place of work at about 1pm, she was told that neither she nor the husband were at work.

The deceased’s elder sister and the couple’s co-workers reportedly went to their house and met the door locked.

They had to break in; then found them lying unconscious, while the baby was dead.

They were later rushed to the FMC, where the wife later died, while the husband is said to be in a critical condition.

Contacted, the state police command image maker, Funmi Odunlami, said that the matter had not been reported at the police division in Owo.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button