Following the suspension of Ibrahim Magu, the President, Muhammadu Buhari on Friday approved the appointment of Mohammed Umar as Acting Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).
Umar was until his recent appointment, the head of operations of the EFCC.
Here are other important details to know about him:
1. Mohammed Umar is from Kano in the North-Western part of Nigeria.
2. Mohammed Umar is a Deputy Commissioner of Police
3. He served as the EFCC Director of Operations until his recent appointment.
4. Mohammed Umar is a devoted Muslim.
5. Umar was the second most senior official at the agency based on “EFCC’s hierarchy” and has represented Magu at several events in the past