Yobe State Governor, Mai Mala Buni, has approved the appointment of 24 special advisers to aid him in running the affairs of the state.
The approval was contained in a statement issued in Damaturu on Monday by Shuaibu Abdullahi, press secretary to the acting Secretary to the State Government.
The appointments followed approval granted by the State House of Assembly, in line with Section 196(2) of the 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria (as amended), which stipulated that the number of such advisers shall be prescribed by law or by resolution of the State House of Assembly.
The newly appointed Special Advisers are as follows:
1. Dr Kole Shettima (Policy Delivery)
2. Dr Mahmoud Bukar Maina (Science Research and Innovation)
3. Gen Dahuru Abdulsalam (retd.) (Security Matters)
4. Usman Adamu Kabarma (Political and Legislative Affairs)
5. Alh. Mohammed Lamin (Basic and Secondary Education)
6. Alh. Mala Musti (Higher Education)
7. Alh. Bukar Dauda (Commerce)
8. Hon Abdullahi Usman Kukuwa (Energy and Transport).
9. Sen. Alkali Abdulkadir Jajere (Agriculture)
10. Hon Yerima Lawan Yunusari (Local Government Affairs)
11. Hon Mohammed Samaila Nguru (Environment)
12. Alh. Mohammed Kadai (Finance).
13. Hon Zanna Ali Machina (Wealth and Job Creation)
14. Hon Wakil Ahmed Sarki (Investment)
15. Barr. Baba Dala (Legal Matters)
16. Hon Bala Ajeje (Rural Development)
17. Hon Abba Gana Tata ( Works)
18. Ustaz Baba Gana Malam Kyari (Religious Affairs)
19. Hon Musa Gamcho Tela (Health)
20. Sen. Adamu Garba Talba (Humanitarian Affairs)
21. Hajiya Hajara Ibrahim Potiskum (Women Affairs)
22. Alh. Baffa Maina (Hajj Operation)
23. Hon Kachalla Mai Hassan (Special Duties)
24. Hon Waya Dagari (Information)
According to the statement, all appointments take immediate effect.
The appointment of the Special Advisers was in line with Section 196(1) of the 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, as amended, which empowers state governors to appoint special advisers to assist them in the performance of their functions